Street and Sanitation Services
The Pacolet Street and Sanitation Department serves 1,167 households. Only households within the town limits are eligible for these services.
The following are guidelines which will allow us to serve you more efficiently.
• Recycling area is located near the Police Station on Sunset Dr. Look for the blue containers. You do not need to sort your recyclables. Items you can recycle: Aluminum, Plastic, Paper and Cardboard. Glass is not currently taken.
• Garbage cans are required. Garbage must be placed in plastic bags. Loose garbage and construction materials will not be picked up.
• Syringes must be placed in a safe container and marked hazardous before disposal. This is a health standard and a protection for our employees.
• Limb service will continue when needed.
• Please call the town hall to receive this service at 864-474-9504. A work order will be submitted in an effort to provide more efficient and fair service.
• Limbs must be brought to the road with cut ends facing the roadway, spread out and not in piles.
• Limbs must be free of trash, wire, nails and etc.
• Limbs cannot be brought in from outside the town limits for pickup.
• Limb service is provided for tree and shrub trimmings. Not for clearing of property.
• This service is not provided when residents hire someone to cut limbs. The person or persons hired are required to dispose of the debris.
• Bamboo cannot be chipped.
• Chips are available to residents. Please call the town hall for delivery.
• Leaves must be put in bags. Bags cannot be larger than 35 gallons.
• Bags must contain leaves only. No trash, rocks, glass, paper, etc. should be included.
Most all streets and roadways in the Town are owned and maintained by either the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SC DOT) or the Spartanburg County Department of Roads & Bridges.
Traffic signals are maintained exclusively by the SC DOT.
The town maintains some local street signs and occasionally mows grass and weeds along roadsides which are not maintained on a regular basis by other agencies.
SC DOT Spartanburg Maintenance – 864-587-4725
SC Highway Patrol – 864-587-4700
Spartanburg County Roads & Bridges – 864-595-5320
Pacolet Town Hall - 864-474-9504
We enjoy serving you. We live in a great community and we appreciate each of you. If you have questions or concerns, please call the town hall at 474.9504.
180 Montgomery Avenue, PO Box 700, Pacolet, SC 29372
(Phone) 864.474.9504 (Fax) 864.474.9442